This week’s topic is: Top Ten Books I Just HAD to Buy…But Are Still Sitting on My Bookshelf (brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish)
As anyone who knows me, I do this a LOT. I have TONS of books and yet whenever I go to the bookstore, I see other books that I’d rather read. So I buy those, thinking that I’ll read that next after my current book. This is a snapshot I took of my bookcase back in October 2010… I’d say about HALF of those I actually haven’t read, but would like to, at some point!
Hah. This pic could have actually been my submission for the Weekly Photo Challenge of “Abundance”.. lol.. (and yes, that IS two copies of the whole series of Harry Potter books. The colourful ones are for reading. The nice black set is for “show”. :P)
Nonetheless, I will try and cut it down to my top 10 on this bookcase that I still need to read!
- 1984 by George Orwell <– Some of the classes in high school read this, mine didn’t. Been meaning to FOREVER.
- the rest of the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris <– I think I’ve read up to #6.. and there 9 or 10 in total so far…
- Under the Dome by Stephen King <– I’m usually a fan.. just procrastinating on reading since it’s so friggin’ huge of a book. Too heavy to carry around!
- Cotton Malone series by Steve Berry <– I never knew that’s what it was called, and that they’re in order but I think I have most of the ones in this series! (The Templar Legacy, The Alexandria Link – both of which I’ve read, The Venetian Betrayal, The Charlemagne Pursuit, The Paris Vendetta & The Emperor’s Tomb… those I have & need to read!)
- Eragon by Christopher Paolini <– Not sure if I’d like it, but heard a lot about it.. will give it a shot!
- Watership Down by Richard Adams <– Literally one of the only reasons why I know about this book & want to read it was because it seemed to be a big deal in Lost. Sawyer was reading it, and I read online a lot of theories surrounding the show & this book.
- The Dark Tower series by Stephen King <– I hear it’s great, but I couldn’t get into the first book… will have to give it another shot at some point.
- The Alchemist by Paolo Coelho <– Another book that I hear is really good but I started reading the first few pages and really couldn’t get into it. Maybe I wasn’t in the right mindset for it.
- The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb <– I started reading it when I borrowed it from the library but didn’t get a chance to finish yet.
- A Year in the Merde by Stephen Clarke <– HIGHLY recommended by a friend of mine who I’ll call “The Instigator” ;). She said I’d appreciate this book.
Hm. Where the past weeks, it was hard to think of 10 to fill the list, this week was hard to narrow it down to 10 to fill the list!