Today’s Top 10 Tuesday topic from The Broke and the Bookish was Top Ten Authors That Deserve More Recognition. I have to admit that I’m pretty sure I won’t be able to think of 5, let alone 10 – and it’s all really subjective. So, like a previous week, I’m going to pick a past Top 10 topic that I haven’t done yet!
Therefore, I select for this week: Most Dislikable Characters
- Dolores Umbridge – Harry Potter series <– GOD I hated that woman. Seriously never felt as much hatred for a character as I did for her.
- Darcy – Something Borrowed <– If she wasn’t so irritating, her character would probably invoke sympathy in this story.
- Amy Chua – Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother <– Okay, so she’s not an actual CHARACTER, but she sure makes you want to hate her in this book!
- Bella – Twilight series <– Good grief. I don’t know if I hated the book or movie version of her more.
- Miranda Priestly – The Devil Wears Prada <– The mark of a well-told story when you hate a character so much that you wish you could quit on her!
- Mrs X – The Nanny Diaries <– Oh how I hated that woman.
- Nils Bjurman – The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo<– If you’ve read it, ’nuff said.
- Zoey – House of Night series <– This YA series is okay, but the character of Zoey Redbird is SO irritating (and repetitive)
- The Dursleys – Harry Potter series <– C’mon! Cooping the Boy Who Lived in a cupboard under the stairs?? Cruelty!
- August Rosenbluth – Water for Elephants <– Dislike!!