This week’s Top 10 Tuesday topic is: Top Ten Jerks In Literature (hosted by The Broke and the Bookish) … seems similar to a previous week with hated characters… but I guess it’s different if you hate the character, or the character is actually a jerk (whether you like that or not)
This was quite tough to compile actually.. (hence the repeated books) Honestly, I probably could’ve filled the whole Top 10 list with baddies from Harry Potter but I curbed it to just 50% of the list. 😉
That being said, my #1 will be obvious.. my favourite bad-boy jerk……. 😛
- Draco Malfoy – Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling <– Love him. Checking out other peoples’ lists and Draco made most of their lists too.
- Haymitch – The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins <– He might’ve had his reasons, but still.
- Dexter Mayhew – One Day by David Nicholls <– Loved the book but this guy was such a jerk!
- Voldemort – Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling <– The Big Bad.
- President Snow – The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- August – Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen <– Abusive and manipulating kind of jerk!
- Alexander Zalachenko – Millenium series by Stieg Larsson
- Severus Snape – Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling <– Alan Rickman turns this jerky character into some sarcastic comic relief in the movies.
- Lucius Malfoy – Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling <– Like son, like father.
- Percy Weasley – Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling <– the only non-Slytherin from this book that made the list.