Good grief. This week’s Top 10 Tuesday theme is: Top 10 ‘Awww’ Moments (those cute lines, charming actions, kisses, or any other sentimental moment that made you say “AWWW!”)
I know I’ve had those moments… but now I gotta think of them off the top of my head? I think it’ll be easier for me to think of which books I remember standing out as an “Awwww” kinda book. It’s too broad for me to try and remember all the specific scenes in all the books I read, but these are some that I distinctly remember having that sentimental feeling…
- The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger <– Fantastic book. I couldn’t put it down and the story of this time-crossed lovers is captivating.
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett <– Just finished this book. The connection developed between the 3 narrators of the book is so heartwarming.
- Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling <– So many moments to just pick one…
- The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks <– This and the follow-up The Wedding are both very sentimental books. This movie is one of the only movies that actually ever made me cry (I’m usually a cold-hearted viewer, not swayed by these sentimental moments.)
- Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris <– Maybe particularly in book 4 (which I’m extremely excited that it looks like season 4 is headed in the same plot direction… :P)
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini <– There were some sentimental moments in this, but not necessarily in the context of a love story. Still, sentimental is sentimental.
- One Day by David Nicholls <– Awww Em & Dex…
- A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks <– Probably moreso the movie than the book. I remember finding the book boring, but the movie was fairly similar to the book I think.
- Something Borrowed by Emily Giffen <– Yet another Dex… I think it has something to do with this name…..
- Twilight by Stephenie Meyer <– As much as my interest in this book has waned since the movies have come out, I can’t deny that when reading this, there were quite a lot of “awwww” moments with Edward. He’s very charmingly written. 😉