A happy 1 year anniversary to The Broke and the Bookish, who host the weekly Top 10 Tuesday meme!
To celebrate, the topic for today is: Top Ten Reasons I Love Being A Book Blogger/A Bookish Person
- I love to read. Simple as that. Apparently I’ve been reading since I was 3, and probably haven’t put a book down since!
- Being a book blogger gives me an added sense of accomplishment when I finish a book because I can share my thoughts and review on my blog.
- I was in a competition with a friend back in 2003, on who could read more books in a year and I still keep track of each of them, a new page every year. Interesting to see (and a good reminder when I sometimes forget if I’ve already read it or not!)
- Being a bookish person means that I’ll always have something to do when there’s a boring moment. I always have my book or my kobo in my bag so if the subway’s down, if I’m waiting for something, I’ll never be bored!
- Relatively new to the book blog tour world, I’ve had the privilege of reading & reviewing books I normally wouldn’t have picked up, and discovering some really interesting new authors/books!
- Reading inspires me to write. I’ve always wanted to write a book, and I’m actually in the midst of one.
- I love talking about books with my friends. I have a lot of readers in my group of friends & colleagues, so it’s an unlimited supply of suggestions and recommendations!
- On the other hand, I also love turning my friends onto my latest great read!
- If there was ever a time that reading was “for nerds”, books are now cooler than ever!
- Being bookish, and a book blogger, allows for the “book club” atmosphere to live outside of one’s home with immediate friends. It allows people to expand their conversations and views with people all over the world, who have all read the same book. It’s such a unifying moment when you think about it.