This week’s Broke and the Bookish topic is: Top Ten Underrated Books (books you can’t believe aren’t more popular, books that are more obscure, etc.)
Hmm this is a tough one.. I have read more obscure books but I often get suckered in for the bestsellers!
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky <– however, I do realize that this book is now being made into a movie starring Emma Watson, but when my roommate in university recommended it, some.. 8 years ago.. it was a great read that nobody had heard of!
- Sarah’s Key by Tatiana de Rosnay <– Also think this is being made into a movie, but when I read it last year, I just thought it was such a great read!
- The Luxe series by Anna Godbersen <– A great YA series… I really enjoy the late 19th century setting
- The Givenchy Code by Julie Kenner <– A really fun scavenger hunt/Da Vinci Code-esque story with a bit of a girly twist!
- The Dim Sum of All Things by Kim Wong Keltner <– I absolutely loved this book.. thought it was hilarious, especially as a first generation Chinese-born Canadian. The mix of Eastern culture and Western culture is so relatable and identifiable at times.
- Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park <– I recently read this (and reviewed it here!) A great e-book read with a fantastic story and compelling characters!