This week’s Top 10 Tuesday from The Broke and the Bookish is a “Top 10 Freebie“… so my choice! That’s a toughie… let’s do…
Top 10 Favourite “Chick-Lits” (even tho I hear people are rallying to change the name of this genre)
To be honest, I haven’t really read many chick-lits in a while.. I was in a phase of them years back and suddenly got tired of them. That being said, I did read a bunch of them at the time that I could probably come up with 10 fairly easily!
- Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin <– By far my favourite. I absolutely loved this book. Still haven’t seen the movie tho!
- The Dim Sum of All Things by Kim Wong Keltner <– Another one of my faves…
- Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella <– A classic, one of the first ones that come to my mind that really started up the genre…
- The Givenchy Code by Julie Kenner <– Da Vinci Code meets chick-lit genre. A really fun read!
- The Younger Man by Sarah Tucker <– I read this so long ago and can’t remember the exact story but I remember thinking it delicious
- The Boy Next Door by Meg Cabot <– The first in a trilogy of novels that reads like communications (all in emails, texts, letters, etc.) Really fun concept!
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins <– What good chick-lit/YA list wouldn’t include this beloved book on here 😉
- Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park <– A recent discovery of a very entertaining read!
- The Nanny Diaries by Emma McLaughlin & Nicola Kraus <– An infuriatingly good book!
- The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger <– Another book that is written so well it’ll get you really mad at the characters!