TGIF! (and one more week till I’m on vacation!)
After the 5 Questions (hosted by Friday5.org), I have a little poll for my blog readers!
1. What was your most memorable alarm-clock failure?
I think it was probably in high school.. I had a cheap faulty alarm clock that, if the switch wasn’t in the perfect position, it would’ve turned off.. Had a few momentary panics of waking up late. Often though, I’m a light sleeper so I’ll hear my alarm – as long as it goes off.
2. What item recently in the news do you find most alarming?
It would probably have to be the London riots…
3. Of car alarms, burglar alarms, and smoke alarms, which do you consider most effective or useful?
Smoke alarms are definitely #1. It can save your life if you have a properly working one! Just last week, a house in Toronto was on fire, and there weren’t working smoke alarms in the house and 2 people needlessly died because of it.
4. If the shoplifting alarm is tripped as you exit a store, what do you do?
I stop, let them check my bag and demagnetize what they’ve most likely forgotten to do at the register and be on my way.
5. If you owned some kind of personality alarm to warn you upon first meeting someone of likely trouble in the relationship, what would be five qualities you’d set it to detect?
HAH! That’s a good one… I’d have to say… Sincerity, kindness, social skills, respectfulness and whether or not they’re boring!
Okay, on to my poll
I LOVE this blog theme I have.. fits well with the colour, design and little bird in the corner.. but I’ve kinda wanted to change it up a little bit.. So I’d like your input! I like the 2-column, fixed-width design.. and these are the ones I’ve narrowed it down to. Which do you like best?
Previews of the themes:
I removed the actual poll.. it looks like it was posting banner ads at the bottom of my post (I didn’t notice because it conveniently doesn’t show up to the author of the blog, so they don’t REALIZE it! Grr..) Okay, so it looks like it’s not related to the polls..? Because now they’re all showing up with banner ads! Need to rectify this.