This week’s topic for Top 10 Tuesday from The Broke and the Bookish is: Top Ten Books I Feel As Though Everyone Has Read But Me
Hah. This should be easy… tho keeping in mind that a lot of these are high up on my to-read list, so it’s just a matter of time that I get to them.. just that I haven’t yet (still!)
- 1984 by George Orwell <– Okay, I’m pretty sure I haven’t read this because in high school, one class read this, and the other (mine) read something else – which I clearly don’t remember. However, my list I keep with books I’ve read shows that I have read this. I don’t remember it, so I’m counting it as not-read-yet.
- Divergent by Veronica Roth <– Top of my to-read pile
- Delirium by Lauren Oliver <– Also top of my to-read pile
- Eragon by Christopher Paolini <– I know, I know.. I own this and still haven’t read it – or its subsequent ones.
- Sophie’s Choice by William Styron <– I honestly don’t even know what the “choice” Sophie is supposed to make but it seems to be a big classic that I haven’t read!
- Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen <– One of many/most classics I just haven’t read.
- The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare <– I’ve only read the first one, but I feel like I’m missing a big deal with not having read the series yet!
- Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead <– same goes for this series.. Only read the first one (and Bloodlines) so far..
- Sarah Dessen books <– To be honest, I hadn’t even really heard of her till the last year or so.. and now she’s everywhere and I still haven’t read one of her books!
- The Secret by Rhonda Byrne <– I tried.. A friend let me borrow it years ago but I just found it so repetitive. I can get on board with the message, and I might even believe some of it, but the whole thing just seemed so redundant..