Weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Top 10 Books That I Judged By Its Cover
Hah, this is an appropriate Top 10 topic this week considering I’ve had a similar conversation with a few others over the last little while. More specifically according to The Broke and the Bookish, it’s Top Ten Books That Whose Titles Or Covers Made Me Buy It.
- Twilight by Stephenie Meyer <– I TOTALLY bought the first book because the cover with the apple was so striking.. little did I know how much that franchise would explode!
- The Luxe by Anna Godbersen <– As featured on my Shelf Candy Saturday this past week, the cover was definitely what drew me to the book initially.
- Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler <– Bought on Kobo.. loved the cover and remember hearing good things about it on the blogs.
- Wicked by Gregory Maguire <– Partially bought because I loved the musical, but I initially noticed the musical because of the poster, which is also the cover of the book.. so same diff!
- Mozart’s Last Aria by Matt Rees <– An ARC I requested initially because the cover drew me to it, but then also realized the story would be interesting as well!
- The Montmartre Investigation by Claude Izner <– Bought this in NYC.. saw Moulin Rouge on the cover and was sold.
- A Dirty Job by Christopher Moore <– The colours and the simple imagery on the cover totally caught my attention before I knew anything about the book.
- The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross <– Granted I haven’t purchased this yet but the cover always stands out to me as one I want to check out
- Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel <– Another one I haven’t purchased yet but want to check out because of how I love the cover image!
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern <– Granted I did hear about the book itself online before seeing the cover, but knowing me, I would ABSOLUTELY have picked it up because of the cover alone.