Weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Books That Have Been On My Shelf For The Longest But I’ve Never Read
AHAhaha this may be one of the easiest Top 10 (and more!) that I’ve done for Top 10 Tuesday…
- Watership Down by Richard Adams <– I have to admit, I picked this up at a library sale because Sawyer was reading it on Lost… haha.. and reading online commentary, people had theories between that book and the show.. so I just HAD to read it (… and still haven’t all these years later…)
- 1984 by George Orwell <– Half of the grade in high school read this, the other half read Lord of the Flies. Been meaning to read 1984 forever.
- Eragon by Christopher Paolini <– Purchased this at least a year or two ago meaning to read it at some point
- The Book of Negroes by Lawrence Hill <– My friend said it’s really good. Bought it so long ago and haven’t tackled it yet.
- The Host by Stephenie Meyer <– Okay, so it doesn’t say that it’s books that I necessarily WANT to read… just that I’ve had them for a while and haven’t yet 🙂
- Many Steve Berry books <– I enjoyed his first few like The Amber Room and The Romanov Prophecy.. I’ve bought all the other ones like Paris Vendetta and Venetian Betrayal but still have yet to get around to reading it.
- Splendor (Luxe, #4) by Anna Godbersen <– I love this series, and was collecting the trade paperback version. Waited for this 4th one to come out but it’s sat on my shelf since. Soon tho.. I want to find out what happens!
- The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien <– Read The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings when the movie came out and everyone was crazy about the series (more so than the usual) – tried reading this but couldn’t get into it…
- And really, #9 and 10 should just be a conglomeration of this photo… my bookcase from last month (which has only gotten more full) with the green boxes “generally” showing what I’ve had for a long time and still haven’t read. >_< It’s a lot of random chick-lit (during that phase) and fiction/mystery/legal thriller/etc paperbacks (during that phase)
What books made it to your list? Leave your link and I’ll be sure to check it out!