Hosted by 10 fabulous bloggers, this 2012 TBR Pile Reading Challenge is an attempt to get through many of the books that add up on our “To-Be-Read” piles! (This is a MUCH needed challenge I need to participate in!)
There’s a few rules for participants (of which you can see further details at one of the hosts’ pages)
- Only books released in 2011 and earlier! NO ARCs and 2012 fresh-off-the-press releases allowed!
- Any genre, format, length, etc. is allowed.
- Challenge runs from January 1, 2012 – December 31, 2012
- You must pick a goal level that you will strive to achieve:
1-10 – A Firm Handshake
11-20 – A Friendly Hug
21-30 – A Sweet Kiss
31-40 – Love At First Sight
41-50 – Married With Children
I originally picked 11-20 – A Friendly Hug, but then thought more realistically.. with participating in 2012 DAC too, I think 11-20 is a little overly ambitious. So I’ve downgraded myself for now to A Firm Handshake. If I surpass it – even better!
Well, as you can see from my post yesterday, I’ve got quite a pile of “TBR” books… so here are some that I’ve narrowed it down to as probabilities. (Edited list on December 27, 2011)
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
- Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
- This Dark Endeavour by Kenneth Oppel
- American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld
- 1984 by George Orwell
- Watership Down by Richard Adams
- Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay
- Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
- Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor
- Wither by Lauren DeStefano
I’m sure I’ll add to this list as I get books that are on my wishlist..