Weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Authors I’d Love To Have At My Thanksgiving Feast
Well, although Canadian Thanksgiving was back in October, I’ll put that aside to answer this week’s Top 10 😉
I’m all about interesting and fun/funny conversation… people who would have interesting things to say and can hold their own in a dinner party setting. That is the criteria that I used to pick my list this week.
- J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter series) <– (Do I still have to go on? I don’t need 10. Just JKR.)
- Tina Fey (Bossypants)
- Christopher Moore (Lamb, A Dirty Job, etc.)
- Gregory Maguire (Wicked, Out of Oz, etc.)
- Mindy Kaling (Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?)
- Jane Lynch (Happy Accidents)
- Sophie Kinsella (Shopaholics series)
- Charlaine Harris (Sookie Stackhouse series)
- Suzanne Collins (The Hunger Games trilogy)
- Khaled Hosseini (The Kite Runner, A Thousand Splendid Suns) <– I’d imagine he’d have some really interesting stories to tell
I was tempted to also include Stephen King (but thought it’d be too dark & scary conversation for Thanksgiving) and Stephenie Meyer (but that it’d be for the wrong reasons and have to remind myself it’s THANKSgiving.. 😉 )
Which authors made it to your list? Leave your link and I’ll be sure to check it out!