Weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Childhood Faves
I LOVE this week’s Top 10 topic!! Brings back so many fond memories…
- The Babysitter’s Club series by Ann M. Martin <– I didn’t know anyone my age at that time who wasn’t reading this series!!
- non-Goosebumps R.L. Stine books <– I liked his other stuff… Fear Street, etc. Goosebumps was probably too young for me at that time.
- Archie comics <– Oh, all the issues.. Betty & Veronica, Double Digests, love them all!
- The Jolly Postman by Janet & Allan Ahlberg <– Anyone remember this?? A kid’s book where you follow the postman on his deliveries and there were actual envelopes you could open to read the letters!
- The Eleventh Hour by Graeme Base <– Filled with beautiful intricate illustrations, it was a story told in rhyme with clues hidden into every detail of every page. AMAZING.
- Choose Your Own Adventure books <– Who wouldn’t love getting to pick the outcome of the story you’re reading, and change it with each reading!
- mystery books by Eric Wilson <– Canadian author that I remember meeting in elementary school.. loved his mystery novels set across Canada!
- The Berenstain Bears and Too Much Junk Food by Stan Berenstain <– For some reason, this book & its cover just sparked so many memories.. such a classic!
- Sweet Valley Twins series by Francine Pascal
- and similarly Sweet Valley High series by Francine Pascal <– To be honest, I know I loved the Twins & High series, but can’t remember much of it!
Which books are childhood faves? Leave your link and I’ll be sure to check it out!