Weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Books I Want To Give As Gifts (and to who…even if you won’t actually give them!)
Hmm this is a tough one, since I probably would have bought them that very book if I wanted to give it as a gift. Instead, I’m going to take a fictional approach to this… what books would I buy for Harry Potter characters! (I may be in over my head on this one…)
- Eragon by Christopher Paolini for Harry Potter <– it’s about dragons!
- The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger for Hermione Granger <– A beautiful love story with an element of time travel, without the use of a time-turner!
- The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach for Ron Weasley <– A book about sports, that’s not his beloved Quidditch.
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett for Dobby and other house elves <– A heart-warming and possibly inspiring story for those who serve!
- Big Fish by Daniel Wallace for Gilderoy Lockhart <– Oh the tall tales this former professor would tell…
- Wicked by Gregory Maguire for Severus Snape <– Evil? or misunderstood…
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins for Ginny Weasley <– A book with a brave gal for an equally brave gal
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern for Luna Lovegood <– This whimsical Ravenclaw would love a magical, mystical story!
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky for Draco Malfoy <– “Caught between trying to live his life and trying to run from it” from the synopsis sounds pretty apropos for this young Malfoy.
- The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien for Albus Dumbledore <– An epic tale of a wise old wizard, ’nuff said.