With the end of the year approaching, a lot of these “favourite reads” lists are sprouting up – including one for tomorrow’s Top 10 Tuesday, so be sure to come back to see what my favourites were! Obviously not every book we read is going to be a favourite, and even that being said, everyone has a different opinion on books.
I found this year to have quite the range in what I read, mostly due to reviewing books that I normally wouldn’t necessarily have picked up on my own. This definitely led me to broaden my range and open my eyes to so much more than my “usual” reads.
Least Favourite Reads in 2011
- Mr. Fox by Helen Oyeyemi | My Review <– Received to review as part of Penguin blog tour. It’s on many end-of-the-year lists I’ve seen as best reads, but it just wasn’t for me.
- The Tiger’s Wife by Téa Obreht | My Review <– Bought for myself on Kobo. Another highly-acclaimed book that I just couldn’t get into.
- Q: A Novel by Evan Mandery | My Review <– Received for review from Harper Collins. Interesting and quirky, but unlikable character turned me off of the overall story.
- The Juliet Spell by Douglas Rees | My Review <– For review from Netgalley. Cute idea but was a bit cheesier than I was expecting.
- You Are My Only by Beth Kephart | My Review <– For review from Netgalley. Interesting idea, but a bit slow moving.
What made your least favourite list this year?