Weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Authors I Wish Would Write Another Book
(debut authors, authors who seem to have taken a hiatus,
OR for those who read classics authors you wish would have written another book before they passed)
Well, I definitely know which is my #1………
- J.K. Rowling <– Though anything else she will ever write will be compared to Harry Potter, and that’s a tough act to follow!
- J.R.R. Tolkien <– Although, admittedly, I’ve only read Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit…
- Michael Crichton <– Passed away before another big Jurassic Park-like hit…
- Tina Fey <– Whether more stories from her life or a fiction novel, it’ll be great!
- Stieg Larsson <– Great Millennium Trilogy, but would have loved to have read another book by him
- Kathryn Stockett <– Following the success of The Help (my fave read of 2011), I’d be excited to see what else she’ll write
- Suzanne Collins <– Would be interesting to see what comes after The Hunger Games trilogy.
- Alan Cumming <– Yes, THE actor. Loved his book Tommy’s Tale and have always wanted him to write another novel.
- Julie Kenner <– Loved The Givenchy Code, The Manolo Matrix & The Prada Paradox – her three novels that mixed Da Vinci Code puzzle-solving mystery with chick-lit fun. Wish there was another one!
- Kim Wong Keltner <– Loved The Dim Sum of All Things and have been anxiously awaiting her next book.
That was tough thinking of 10… got sidetracked trying to think of ones who live up to JKR in my mind… 😳
Who made your list? Share your link and I’ll check it out too!