Weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
This week’s was a freebie, so I decided to pick……..
Top Ten Shows/Movies I Thought Did the Book Justice
(not saying that all were necessarily done perfectly, but I was satisfied with the adaptation)
- Harry Potter films <– Really don’t need to say any more about this, for those who know me and that this series somehow always makes its way into my Top 10 Tuesdays 😉
- Lord of the Rings trilogy <– Phenomenal. Though, this might be one of the few instances that actually breaks my self-made rule that I always read the book first.. the first movie I definitely saw before reading the book.
- The Notebook <– The only movie I’ve ever cried through. I actually can’t stand to read Sparks’ books, but I’ve enjoyed a few of his movies
- V For Vendetta <– FANTASTIC graphic novel & movie. Great message.
- The Help <– Loved both, and went with a friend who hadn’t read the book and she still enjoyed the movie individually
- True Blood <– Such a fun series that’s been made to TV
- Gossip Girl <– I’ve probably only read up to book 7, but what a guilty pleasure of a show!
- Scott Pilgrim <– Great 6-book graphic novel set in Toronto, and one of the first movies in recent memory that film & set the movie in Toronto – and embraces the love of the city.
- A Walk To Remember <– Another Nicholas Sparks book that I preferred the movie to.
- Angels & Demons <– I loved this book by Dan Brown, more than Da Vinci Code. I thought the movie was pretty well done.
I’m sure there are more I would put on this list, but as my personal rule of thumb, I won’t see the movie unless I’ve read the book first.. So often I read the book and havent gotten around to the movie yet.
What’s your freebie-topic Top 10 this week? Share your link and I’ll check it out too!