Weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Books You’d Hand To Someone Who Says They Don’t Like To Read
Ooh, that’s a tough one.. I usually like recommending books, but to people who are receptive to that! Hard to convince someone who doesn’t like to read that they need to read a book! And it’s hard to say because it depends on said non-reader’s tastes too… nonetheless, here’s my attempt at this week’s Top 10 list!
- Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling <– Sure, it’s an intensive read… but just think of how many people WERE turned onto reading or renewed their love of reading because of this series!
- The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins <– I’ve noticed a lot of friends and colleagues who aren’t normally readers devour these books over the last few weeks.
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green <– My first introduction to the writing of John Green. Fantastic, enjoyable read.
- The Way We Fall by Megan Crewe <– Okay, granted I’m only about halfway through but OMG I can’t put it down! (Just wishing I had more time to read it during the day!) But yes. Even if someone doesn’t like to read, this book will pique your interest right from the get-go!
- Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella <– For those chick-lit lovers, this would be a cute fun story to be introduced into the rest in the series!
- One Day by David Nicholls <– The style of storytelling – with one day of each year at a time – might make for an interesting one to non-readers…
- Angels & Demons by Dan Brown <– The first of the Robert Langdon series, even though Da Vinci Code outshone it first, it’s definitely the better one in my opinion.
- The Gun Seller by Hugh Laurie <– The main selling point might be that Hugh Laurie wrote it. The bonus is that it’s a fantastic novel!
- The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold <– The disturbing subject matter and unique narrative viewpoint would make this an interesting book to introduce to someone.
- Bossypants by Tina Fey <– For those that might be interested in reading non-fiction, this book is entertaining and full of laughs!
What made your Top 10 list this week? Share your link and I’ll check it out too!