Weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Books That Broke Your Heart A Little
(this year we’re going ANTI-Valentine’s Day )
This was a bit of a tough one to finish.. I had a few definites in mind, but struggled with the last few! Some of these broke my heart, but not necessarily for anti-valentine’s/romantic reasons…
- One Day by David Nicholls <– Oh, for SURE.
- The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks <– Though, I’d say The Wedding (it’s sequel) is equally heartbreaking.
- The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger <– Granted only vaguely remembering it, since realizing yesterday this book came out in 2003!! Didn’t feel like it’s been almost 9 years since I read it. Need to re-read.
- Wicked by Gregory Maguire <– <3
- Atonement by Ian McEwan
- Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates
- Still Alice by Lisa Genova
- Push by Sapphire
- Room by Emma Donoghue
- The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
What made your Top 10 list this week? Share your link and I’ll check it out too!