Weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Books I’d Quickly Save If My House Was Going To Be Abducted By Aliens
(or any other natural disaster…you get the drift. )
Well. I’m assuming, pre-writing the list, that it shouldn’t be too hard to decide. I mean, if I wanted to I could just take up 7 of the slots with the Harry Potter series! … but I won’t. 😉
- Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling <– Anyone who’s been visiting this blog at least a couple of times will know I don’t really need to preface this or explain this choice. 😛 (Plus I’ve got 2 -different cover- full sets.. so don’t make me choose between those!!) ALTHOUGH, if I was made to choose just one, I’d have to pick my favourite – Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.
- Wicked/Son of a Witch by Gregory Maguire <– Gotta save this gorgeous leather bound copy! Although, I totally forgot about the Grimmerie until I saw it on the Broke and Bookish’s Top 10!!
- Harry Potter: Page to Screen by Bob McCabe <– Beauuuuutiful.
- The Vampire Chronicles (#1-3) by Anne Rice <– The beautiful leather-bound edition, signed by Anne Rice
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett <– My favourite read of 2011. Loved this.
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern <– My signed copy of this fantastical novel!
- The Paris Wife by Paula McLain <– My signed copy, with the anticipation of this phenomenal read for my Paris Month.
- Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1) by Charlaine Harris <– Signed copy! I won’t haul all the books to save, just the first one that’s signed 😛
- Les Petits Macarons by Kathryn Gordon <– Gotta save something delicious to drool over!
- Sid the Mad Little Bad Little Dragon by Chris Daniels <– A children’s book about bullying, written & illustrated by people near & dear to my heart (one of them being my BF) <3
Hmm that was actually a lot tougher than I thought. I didn’t want to just put favourites, because I wouldn’t necessarily want to save those very ones… I went with the more “special” editions or signed copies of books to save! (Harder to replace!) What I did realize while compiling this list though, is that most of them are quite HEAVY books! Hope I’m not making TOO much of a quick getaway!
What made your Top 10 list this week? Share your link and I’ll check it out too!