Weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Spring Fever: Top Ten Books I’d Play Hooky With
Hmm this week is a bit different. I wasn’t quite sure how to interpret this Top 10 topic… (originally thinking of maybe 10 books that featured hot guys that I would skip work/school for 😉 HAHA) Instead, let’s go with books that I’d love to skip obligations to read & enjoy outside!
- Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling <– FOR SURE. In fact, for books 5, 6 & 7, that’s exactly what I did. One of them had come out the day of my sister’s beach birthday party. Brought it along and ignored everyone while reading it in the sun 😎
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
- The Single Girl’s To-Do List by Lindsey Kelk
- The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins <– They’re a relatively quick, entirely captivating read. Plus, I need to find some time to re-read this now that all the movie hype is abuzz!
- The Givenchy Code by Julie Kenner <– A mix of chick lit and Da Vinci Code, it’s a really fun puzzling mystery.
- Pandemonium (Delirium #2) by Lauren Oliver <– What better way to read about the Wilds than to sit outside, surrounded by nature!
- Scott Pilgrim series by Bryan Lee O’Malley <– A fun & funny graphic novel series that’s epically set in Toronto
- The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith <– Finished this last week. SO ADORABLE. Look for my review tomorrow!
- Angels & Demons by Dan Brown <– Definitely prefer this one over Da Vinci Code. Granted, it was a bit slow up till the 100th page, but after that – I couldn’t put it down! (Well, only to look up all the locations that was mentioned in the story!)
- .. ….. I actually can’t decide on a 10th one. There’s so many books I loved, but not sure it falls into the “play hooky” category. Help me out! What should be my 10th book?
And of course, what made your Top 10 list this week? Share your link and I’ll check it out too!