This month completely flew by way too quickly. It’s already been almost a month since I left for Paris! I’m actually really sad that Paris Month is over. I feel I’ve barely grazed the surface on all the books I want to read. You know what that means… I’m just going to have to make this an annual thing then, even though (to my dismay) I won’t be visiting there every Spring! 😉
I want to thank all the people who helped make this first Paris in Springtime month happen:
- Guest Bloggers: Nicole, Wendy, Sara, Christa, Ann and Angel
- Publishers: Random House Canada, Harper Collins Canada, Raincoast Books, and Simon & Schuster
- Authors: Paula McLain and Amy Plum
- A snapshot of my week-long trip to the City of Light
- Interviews with previously mentioned authors Paula McLain (The Paris Wife) and Amy Plum (Die For Me and Until I Die)
- My reviews of books set in Paris, such as: Die for Me by Amy Plum, Sacré Bleu by Christopher Moore, The Paris Wife by Paula McLain, Paris, My Sweet by Amy Thomas
And, as I mentioned in my kick-off post, I hope you’ve been paying attention because there’s a little quiz to win some goodies!
Prize #1: a copy of Paris, My Sweet by Amy Thomas, a Paris Amour shower gel from Bath & Body Works, a coin purse, baguette pen & Eiffel Tower keychain from Paris
Prize #2: a copy of The Strange Case of Doctor Jekyll & Mademoiselle Odile by James Reese, a Paris Amour body lotion & fragrance mist from Bath & Body Works, an Eiffel Tower keychain & Shakespeare & Company tote from Paris.
- Must be a blog follower in some form – ie. via Follow button, RSS, Facebook, Twitter, etc. (please specify in comments) – I don’t normally make this a requirement, but since I’m celebrating my own specific blog event w/a giveaway, I think it to be reasonable.
- Open to Canada/US residents
- Those with the most # of correct answers will win. In the event that there are many who get all answers right, then it will be a random draw.
- Giveaway ends May 14, 2012 at 12pm EST.
- Winners will be notified via Twitter (if applicable) and email, and will have 48 hours to respond.
The Quiz Answers:
- Who did I do a “mInterview” with this month? Amy Plum
- What topic did Wendy guest blog about? French Pastries
- Name one of the two books I featured for Waiting on Wednesday this month. Until I Die or Emperor of Paris
- Which two locations in Paris completely overwhelmed me when I saw it? Eiffel Tower & The Louvre
- What was the hashtag I created on Twitter for people to follow my Paris travels? #JaLLinParis
- What book did Sara guest review for Paris Month? Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
- Not only was April Paris Month, it was also my birthday. What day was that on? April 27th
- What delicious Parisian treat did I not only learn how to make, but snacked on every day? Tip: Be careful on your spelling!! 😉 macarons
- According to my interview with Paula McLain, which Harry Potter book was her favourite? The 3rd-Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- What is the name of the famous bookstore that I visited? Shakespeare & Company
There were 9 people who got all 10 questions correct. Those people were then selected randomly by random.org
Prize Pack #1 winner: Wendy / @CaffeLatteQueen
Prize Pack #2 winner: Jean / @Happygrape2
Congratulations!! Please check your emails shortly to confirm your mailing address.