Top Ten Most Vivid Worlds/Settings In Books
GREAT topic this week! Annnnnd you all know which my #1 pick is going to be…… 😉
- The ENTIRE World of Harry Potter <– I would pick just Hogwarts, but it’s so much more than that. It’s the entire setting, the whole magical & muggle world.
- Middle Earth | Lord of the Rings <– This could rival Harry Potter for vivid world. It probably would outweigh it if it were not for my more intense
obsessionlove of J.K. Rowling’s creation.
- The Districts | The Hunger Games <– While it could be categorized by some in the same category as any ol’ dystopian, this one PLUS the arenas make for a world that all the readers are transported into (Um, my fave being the arena in Catching Fire?? Awesome.)
- The Factions | Divergent <– Another very well-thought-out, vivid dystopian world where everyone lives within 5 factions/categories.
- Future Earth | The Lunar Chronicles <– Maybe because I’m reading Scarlet that it’s top of mind but the re-imagining of beloved fairytales in this futuristic setting is fantastically clever.
- Oz | Wicked <– Yes, Gregory Maguire didn’t create the land of Oz, but he enhanced it even further with such a vivid backstory for the Wicked Witch of the West.
- Bon Temps | Sookie Stackhouse series <– It could have been set anywhere in the South, but Charlaine Harris gave so much life to this supernatural town that it’s like a character in itself.
- Le Cirque des Rêves | The Night Circus <– The biggest thing that stood out about this book was the beautiful imagery that’s depicted within its words, making you feel like you’re experiencing this mysterious traveling show.
- The room | Room <– It’s only one solitary setting but the description and hard-to-believe imagery makes this an immensely captivating read.
- The boat | Life of Pi <– What a thinker. I knew it was supposed to be a great read, and it wasn’t until a day later and reflecting back on it that the whole thing suddenly clicked and I got it. Fantastic scenes with a boy and some animals in a boat adrift at sea.
And of course, what made your Top 10 list this week? Share your link and I’ll check it out too!