Wow, how is it September already? And I feel like I wrote that when it turned August.. this year is flying by, let alone the summer!
This past week has been busy on the blog!
- Swoon-Worthy Sundays featuring Mulder & Scully
- Recap of Fan Expo 2012 with 5 giveaways for swag!
- Reviews for Y by Marjorie Celona, Waiting for Daybreak by Amanda McNeil and The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (for the August readalong with Lost in a Great Book)
- I hit 289 on Facebook! Just 11 more till 300 – and a giveaway!
Upcoming on Just a Lil’ Lost this coming week:
- Recap of the Emily Giffin book signing and Lesley Livingston’s book launch party for Starling
- Wrap-up (w/review link-ups) for August readalong with mine and Jenn’s brunch discussion of The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
Ballerina: Sex, Scandal and Suffering Behind the Symbol of Perfection by Deirdre Kelly <– For read & review from publisher. I requested this after hearing Deirdre speak at the Tutu Project when I went to see the exhibit. Always loved the image of the ballet, so intrigued by this book.
Such Wicked Intent (The Apprentice of Victor Frankenstein, #2) by Kenneth Oppel <– Purchased on Chapters/Indigo online with their end of August sale.
Girl of Nightmares (Anna, #2) by Kendare Blake <– Purchased on Chapters/Indigo online. Granted I have read the FIRST book yet, however, I’m preparing for loving it when I read it this month in our September readalong (so if you haven’t read Anna Dressed in Blood yet either, join me & Lost in a Great Book!)
Starling (Starling, #1) by Lesley Livingston <– Purchased at Lesley’s launch party on Thursday night! Recap to come later this week
Betty and Veronica Storybook by Dan Parent <– Bought at Fan Expo.. I love Archie Comics and always loved the themed ones (I remember having a series of “Veronica goes to..” Hawaii, Canada, etc.) ones. This one does crossovers of The Wizard of Oz, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and Alice in Wonderland!
The Best of Gloomies Vol 1 by Suzanne Miller <– These guys are adorable! She also had some larger prints of newer comics that were just as hilarious (I love the “Waldo finally invests in a cell phone” one). Bought the comic book and got a free (LARGE!) tee!
Also bought an adorable Harry Potter Hello Kitty button!
Beta (Annex, #1) by Rachel Cohn <– BEAUTIFUL shiny ARC gifted to me from Wendy
I’ll Seize the Day Tomorrow by Jonathan Goldstein <– ARC gifted from Wendy. Hadn’t heard of this one but the title made me laugh, so it definitely made me curious about it!
What did you get this week? Leave your link and I’ll be sure to check it out too!
Thanks for stopping by! 😎