Greetings from L.A.! I’ve been in sunny Los Angeles since Wednesday for business meetings, and then staying the weekend to visit with friends and family.
This Past Week on Just a Lil’ Lost…
- Recap on Toronto Word on the Street (with a lil giveaway of swag)
- My review & interview for the blog tour stop for C.K. Kelly Martin’s Yesterday
- My Swoon-Worthy Sundays feature from last week was The Office‘s Jim & Pam!
- Our September readalong of Anna Dressed in Blood is also over tomorrow! (Reviewed that this week too, in preparation for the wrap-up) Check out what books we have lined up for the next months and sign up for email reminders!
What Kills Me by Wynne Channing <– eBook for read & review from the author. She came up to Wendy, Chandra & I at Word on the Street to give us bookmarks. Just so happens she was pitching her YA paranormal book to a bunch of YA book bloggers Gorgeous cover… absolutely love the butterflies!
More Ghost Stories of Alberta by Barbara Smith <– Gifted to me from Jen (@mountie9).. such a sweet gal, to send me this and add to my ghost story collection of places I’ve been to. Thank you Jen!! Miss you!
The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling <– I’m sure almost EVERYONE is going to have this in their book hauls this week. I pre-ordered it so TECHNICALLY I don’t have it yet since it’s sitting at home in Toronto, waiting for me.. but it’s there!!
Haunted Hollywood by Tom Ogden & Ghost Stories of California by Barbara Smith <– Those of you who know me, know that I collect ghost story books at the places that I go to visit. So, these are adding to my collection!
Ah, my ridiculously awesome Word on the Street deals! (I couldn’t believe the prices!)
- (You) Set Me on Fire by Mariko Tamaki <– Heard her read at one of the panels and thought she (and the book) was hilarious. Had to get myself a signed copy!
- The Goddess Legacy (Goddess Test, #2.5) by Aimee Carter <– Bought this, and next two books at Harlequin booth – 3 for $5!!
- The Iron Legends (Iron Fey, #1.5, 3.5, 4.5) by Julie Kagawa <– Part of the Harlequin 3 for $5 deal!
- Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry <– Unbelievably also part of the Harlequin 3 for $5 deal! Amazing!
- The Playbook by Barney Stinson <– Got this How I Met Your Mother book for BF at Simon & Schuster booth for only $2
- Innocence by Kathleen Tessaro <– A story about theatre! Bought at the Harper Collins Canada booth, $2!
- Freedom by Jonathan Franzen <– Hardcover at HCC booth for only $3! Heard this book is fantastic!
- The Diviners by Libba Bray <– I did get the eARC of this a couple weeks ago, but Mabel’s Fables had autographed copies for sale, so I had to pick myself up a copy of a book I have a feeling I’m going to love.
What did you get this week? Leave your link and I’ll be sure to check it out too!
Thanks for stopping by!