Welcome to my stop on the Secrets & Lies blog tour for the 2nd book in The Liar Society series, Lies That Bind. Originally, this blog tour stop was to include reviews of both the first & second book, but half the package seemed to have gotten lost in the mail so the reviews will have to come in December when the other half is received.
This blog tour stop includes a synopsis of the sequel, a character guest post AND a giveaway – so keep reading!
At the elite Pemberly Brown Academy, nothing is as it seems. A classmate has gone missing, and Kate soon realizes that the disappearance is tied to the secret societies that rule her private school. Her best friend died for their secrets, and there’s no way she’ll let them get away with it twice. It’s up to quirky outsider Kate to get some answers, but in a school where every answer leads to more questions and nothing’s as it seems, who can she trust?
This exciting sequel in The Liar Society series is filled with suspense, danger, and mystery as Kate stops at nothing to prevent the secret society at her school from getting away with murder again.
Click to learn more about The Liar Society series.
I’m also pleased to share a character guest post by the protagonist, Kate Lowry, where she dissects and lists the mindless mistakes that Pemberly Brown’s secret societies make while attempting to break the rules.
Top Ten Stupid Mistakes Villains Make
Kate Lowry here from THE LIES THAT BIND. Today, I want to share with you my top ten list of stupid mistakes villains make.
10. Leave doors/windows/cars/lockers OPEN. Villains are busy people. Or perhaps they were raised in a barn. Either way, if the door’s open, I’m going in. Don’t mind if I do…
9. Loud talkers. Villains missed the day of preschool when the teachers reviewed inside voices. Plus, voices carry in those tunnels. I don’t even have to put my ear to the hatch!
8. Lose their cool around girls. I’m not proud of it, but sometimes a girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do and sometimes that means showing a little skin. I’ve gotten entire secret maps of Pemberly Brown by merely unbuttoning one button.
7. Carry baggage. Student files are fascinating. And often thick. My best friend works in the office. What do you expect?
6. Hang with the wrong crowd. Be careful who you trust, bad guys. Who knows, they might even be worse than you.
5. Perform not-so-secret ceremonies in not-so-private places. The clock tower again? Really? How have you not seen me crouched behind these low shrubs?
4. Have no respect for property, even if it is a dilapidated building of Brown. Lists of names on walls? Check.
3. Twirling moustaches. Whenever I have a doubt over who the real bad guy is, I can usually identify them by their telltale mustache. Thanks Headmaster Sinclair!
2. Forming secret societies. Um, guys, hate to break it to you, but NOTHING stays secret at Pemberly Brown. At least not while I’m around.
1. Messing with my friends. I might not be the most popular girl in school and I’m definitely not the toughest (Bethany, I’m looking at you), but you mess with my friends and I will throw down. Justice is tough to find at Pemberly Brown, but I won’t rest until I find it.
AND that’s not all! The lovely people at Sourcebooks Fire is also providing one copy for me to giveaway to a lucky reader!
Rules & Details:
- Open to residents of U.S. and Canada
- Winner will have 48 hrs to reply to email to confirm address
- Prize will be mailed out by Sourcebooks Fire