Well, I usually post my Stacking the Shelves post earlier, but I wanted to wait until after the Blog Ontario meet-up today so I can include all the fantastic goodies as well! While I will have a recap of the event in the coming days, I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to all for making it a great event and it was SO amazing to finally put faces to names with so many people!! <3
This Past Week on Just a Lil’ Lost…
- The entries for my creepy ghost story contest was posted in Part 1 and Part 2 – with the winner being announced on Halloween!
- Last week, Bruno Mars (and his new song Young Girls) was my Swoon-Worthy Sundays feature
- My review of Spookygirl by Jill Baguchinsky and Ransom Riggs’ Miss Peregrine‘s was posted, as was the October readalong wrap-up for Miss Peregrine’s. So be sure to stop by and link-up your reviews if you joined Jenn (Lost in a Great Book) and I on our readalong!
- PLUS I’ve recapped two fantastic events I attended over the past week: Meeting Deborah Harkness, author of A Discovery of Witches; and the Giller Light Bash!
Highly Inappropriate Tales for Young People by Douglas Coupland & Graham Roumieu <– For read & review from the publisher. How hilarious does this look?? I can’t wait to start it!
Ghost Trackers by Jason Hawes, Grant Wilson & Tim Waggoner <– Purchased after discovering the sequel exists! Interested to see how this fiction novel compares to their show or their non-fiction books about the cases from the show. Actually bought a copy off Book Depository but it arrived as mass market paperback, where the sequel is in trade.. so I ended up buying TWO copies.. this one and the trade paperback one I wanted to match. 🙂 Now, I just have to return this mass market one to BD…
Ghost Town by Jason Hawes, Grant Wilson & Tim Waggoner <– Purchased with Ghost Trackers.
Beauty Queens by Libba Bray <– Purchased EVEN THOUGH I have the Kobo edition (which I haven’t read yet still!) But I wanted to have this one for her to sign next week since I already bought a signed bookplate copy of The Diviners.
Magnified World by Grace O’Connell <– Purchased to get signed at the meet-up!
Girl in Shades by Allison Baggio <– Also purchased to get signed at the meet-up
The fantastic swag bag from the Giller Light Bash, which includes a Hazlitt Moleskine notebook and a copy of The Woman Upstairs by Claire Messud!
- A Starbucks mug for my collection from Belgium. Thank you Emilie @ Emilie’s Book World for picking this up for me when you were there!
- The Weed That Strings the Hangman’s Bag by Alan Bradley & It’s Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han <– Thank you Erika @ One A Day YA
- Don’t Turn Around by Michelle Gagnon <– Thanks Giselle @ Book Nerd Canada
- Burn for Burn by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian <– Thank you again Emilie!
- The It Girl by Cecily von Ziegesar <– Thanks Ashley @ Book Labyrinth
- Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan <– Thank you Siobhan @ Conversations of a Reading Addict!
- The Witch’s Daughter by Paula Brackston <– Thanks Sarah @ Workaday Reads
Wow. Between swag bags, prizes and extra books being passed around, I’m….. not even going to attempt to list them all out right now.
Thanks for stopping by! 😎