Top Ten Fave Books I Checked Out Because of Recommendations
It’s a freebie week on Top 10 Tuesday and while wracking my brain on what to do this week, I thought of all the great books I wouldn’t have picked up if it were not for friend recommendations. While there are many recommendations I get on a daily or weekly basis because of bloggers, here are my fave 10 recommended books.
- Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling <– Yup. It’s true. This huge Potter fanatic actually wasn’t going to check this out if it wasn’t for a few friends in university (guys and gals) that were raving about it.
- The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger <– This and #3…..
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini <– recommended by a former colleague.. read through them in a day each. Fantastic books.
- Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare <– I think it was mostly at the recommendation of Wendy
- Delirium by Lauren Oliver <– Both this & #6…..
- Divergent by Veronica Roth <– Books recommended by almost EVERYONE I talked to that I couldn’t believe it took me so long to get to both of them.
- This Dark Endeavour by Kenneth Oppel <– Mostly stemmed from Cory @ HCC and Savvy Reader!
- Die For Me by Amy Plum <– Another recommendation from Savvy Reader, for my Paris Month. I’m ashamed to say I didn’t even know about it until Shannon mentioned it. Loved it.
- Angels & Demons by Dan Brown <– I was looking for the paperback of Da Vinci Code (which wasn’t out yet) and a Chapters employee recommended I check out his first Robert Langdon novel that was in paperback – which I ended up loving more than Da Vinci Code!
- Scott Pilgrim series by Bryan Lee O’Malley <– I was given the first few as a birthday present from a friend and loved it so much – especially because it’s set in Toronto!
And of course, what made your Top 10 list this week? Share your link and I’ll check it out too!