Top Ten Books I’d Want On A Deserted Island
I always have trouble with these desert island picks (despite my blog name/theme/origin). I had picked my Top 5 for Snowdrop Dreams of Books back in September but I’ll try to broaden my choices a bit and not just pick all the Harry Potter books. (Tho I am still counting most of them!)
1. – 5. Harry Potter and the… Prisoner of Azkaban, Goblet of Fire, Order of the Phoenix, Half-Blood Prince (my fave one!), Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling | My reasoning behind picking these specific 5 and excluding the first two has nothing to do with liking them less. It’s because they’re the shorter books and I wouldn’t want to waste my pick on such a fast read if I’m stuck on a deserted island. 😛 That being said, I did make my Top 10 pick 50% Harry Potter because I honestly never/rarely ever re-read books except for this series.
6. The Help by Kathryn Stockett | My favourite read of 2011, this would be a book I’d go back to for laughs, tears and hope.
7. Lamb by Christopher Moore | Adored this book. Such heart in this hilarious book.
8. Beauty Queens by Libba Bray | A stranded on a deserted island book for someone who’s stuck on an island.
9. Outdoor Survival Skills by Larry Dean Olsen | I literally just searched on Goodreads for “survival skills” and thought this to be pretty decent. Seemed like a practical necessary book to have handy!
10. The Bible | And not because I’m particularly overly religious or anything, but I figure if the reading & interpretation of this book has gone on for that many years, it’ll keep me occupied while I’m stranded on an island!
And of course, what made your Top 10 list this week? Share your link and I’ll check it out too!