It’s been a couple weeks since I’ve done a Top 10 Tuesday but what a great one this week!
Edit: I am ashamed. It wasn’t until I visited Rae Gun Ramblings’ TTT that I realized I forgot an EPIC bookish memory. My Wizarding World visit this past November. 🙁 That TOTALLY would have made it on my list. #fail 🙁
Top Ten Best Bookish Memories
- Attending the party at Indigo Manulife Centre for the final Harry Potter book release at midnight. I hadn’t gone to any of the previous ones but a guy friend of mine (who I was surprised to discover was also a big HP fan) & I decided to check out the party for THE. LAST. BOOK. What an amazing production it was! The side street was closed off for a double-decker bus and other festivities outside and inside the store. I remember we grabbed our number and was in the THOUSANDS… stayed for the midnight countdown and ended up going to a Zellers where his buddy was working security who told him they had tons of copies and nobody in the store.
- When I was really young and my parents would buy the children’s encyclopedia sets of books from the grocery store! There was a Sesame Street set and a colourful encyclopedia/knowledge set…
- Also from my childhood, being rewarded with Baby-Sitters Club books!
- Devouring Archie Comic books whenever I could! My sister and I would bring them to family dinners at restaurants because we knew it’d be a long ordeal. We’d sit there with a family friend that we only saw on those family dinners once a year and bond over our Archie Comics that we’d brought.
- Attending the first Ontario Blogger Meet-Up in November 2011 and meeting so many new friends! Yes, while the 2nd one was really fun because I had become friends with more people online between the first two years, the first year was the starting point for all of that.
- Getting the amazing opportunity to meet Tahereh Mafi last year! So much <3 !!!
- I’ve also had some fantastic opportunities to interview authors as well, including Sophie Kinsella who emailed me back so incredibly quickly!
- Last year’s Random House Blogger Love-Fest! What an amazing surprise to hang out with the RHC gals, Paula McLain, Erin Morgenstern & Ami McKay for the afternoon!
- I’d have to say it’s the impromptu readalong brunch/book chats that Jenn @ Lost in a Great Book and I have started. It was a Top 10 Tuesday from June 2012 that made us realize we had many similar books on our TBR pile, thus began our readalong and monthly brunch & book chats about that month’s feature book. What a lovely way to get through some books we keep meaning to get at while having a fantastic excuse to get together once a month and try out different brunch places!
- The epic moment where I succumbed to the eReader. I was (for no real good reason) against getting an eReader because I found it nauseating to just read on my phone while on the bus or subway. While out for dinner with one of my best friends in March 2011, she had recently picked up a Kobo and was telling me how awesome it was, and that it wasn’t backlit like my phone was so probably wouldn’t make me dizzy while reading on the go. She was right, and it was revolutionary in my commuting reading habits. 🙂
And of course, what made your Top 10 list this week?
Share your link and I’ll check it out too!