This week’s topic is Top 10 Favourite Characters in X Genre. I thought I’d take a bit of a spin on it and pick my favourite adult characters from YA books! 🙂 While compiling this list, I realized that many of the characters on this list have similar character development traits that I apparently am drawn to – their kindness and/or their complexity. and that’s what makes them interesting for me.
Ten Seven Favorite Adult Characters In YA
- Severus Snape from Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling | Was a close one between Snape and Dumbledore, but Snape won out for me because of the complexity of his character
- Natalie Prior from Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth
- Cinna from Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins
- Raheem from The Friday Society by Adrienne Kress
- Roul from The Night Has Teeth by Kat Kruger | A relatively smallish part in this book but the way he’s written with his demeanor and style just captured my interest.
- Brimstone from Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor
- Wolf from Scarlet by Marissa Meyer | I think Wolf is an adult in this? Can’t remember his age off the top of my head
Hm.. that was tough. I’m sure there are more, but given that most YA books are SO centred around the teen characters, I couldn’t quite come up with 10 at the moment. 😳 I’ll add to it if another 3 pop in my head…
And of course, what made your Top 10 list this week?
Share your link and I’ll check it out too!