What better way to enjoy a relaxing birthday than to participate in the bi-annual Dewey’s Readathon! I had participated in 2011 & 2012 October. It’s always a great time, having cheerleaders motivate you along and participating in hourly mini-challenges to win prizes!
This year, I’ll probably be participating for most of it – minus the evening when friends are coming over for birthday dinner & drinks. So I’d say my goal is to get through at least 1 new book and finish 1-2 of the ones I’m currently reading!
- NEW book: The Dinner by Herman Koch (reading alongside Christa @ More Than Just Magic who has also said she will be reading this one)
Fateful by Claudia Gray( Should be easy.. I’m almost done– and done!), and one of these other currently reading books!
Everyone starts at the same time, with timezones broking out here… so looks like 8am is my time to get reading!
Interested in joining in? It’s not too late! Sign up here 🙂 and everyone can join in with the talks & cheering over on Twitter via @readathon or with the hashtags #Readathon #Dewey #MiniChallenge #RahRahReadathon
- What fine part of the world are you reading from today? In Toronto, Canada!
- Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? The Dinner by Herman Koch
- Which snack are you most looking forward to? my birthday macarons 🙂
- Tell us a little something about yourself! I’m excitedly choosing to celebrate my birthday by reading all day!
- If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? Maybe try and stay more focused on the reading part of it rather than checking out the mini challenges the whole time!
My fave challenge every time.. book spine poetry!
Wow, I’ve really not kept up with the mini challenges this time around. It’s into Hour 10 and I’ve finished Fateful and about 33% into The Dinner, among some birthday shopping, snacking and naps. 🙂 Might have to put a hold on the readathon for 5 hours when friends are heading over. Overall, not bad progress…
Dinner & dessert done. Friends have gone home and now less than 8 hours left until the readathon is over. Let’s see how long I can stay up to keep reading! Hope everyone else is doing amazingly with their readathon books!