Today marks the last weekend of Paris Month for 2013 – as well as my birthday! 😛 It’s funny, the older I get the less I care to go out for a big to-do… What am I doing for most of today? What I love to do.. read. So I’m participating in the bi-annual Dewey’s Readathon today! You can check out my other post for progress throughout the day.. until the evening where I’ll be having dinner with a couple friends.
As for Paris Month, remember, don’t be shy in commenting & sharing some love on the Paris posts that you’ve been enjoying so far in April! 🙂 There have been some amazing blogger and author guests that have stopped by, and FIVE Paris Month giveaways going on right now. They all end at midnight on May 1st, so hurry! Check out the sidebar for links to those →
This Past (Busy!) Paris Month Week on Just a Lil’ Lost…
- Swooned over Parisian author Tatiana de Rosnay’s Instagram photos
- and Waited on Wednesday for two YA conclusions of beloved trilogies: If I Should Die by Amy Plum and Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
- Welcomed travel writer Katie O’Hara with a Literary Guide to Paris as well as Norma @ My Beautiful Paris with her account of 48 Hours in the beautiful city.
- Reviewed Patricia Engel’s It’s Not Love, It’s Just Paris
- A Lost in the Kitchen post with recipes from Rachel Khoo’s The Little Paris Kitchen
- It was also a bit of a Belle Epoque week. With a review and giveaway of this fantastic YA historical fiction as well as an interview with the author, Elizabeth Ross!
- Regaled the tale of Adventures of Macaron Making with Tiff @ Mostly YA Lit. PLUS if you comment on that macaron post and let her know, you get 5 extra entries into her giveaway!
- and not Paris Month related, but I’m usually pretty cold-hearted when it comes to movies.. 😛 so I shared over on Paper Droids the movies that actually made me tear up!
The Gypsy King by Maureen Fergus | For read & review from publisher. I can’t stop chuckling about the “handsome chicken thief” that’s mentioned in the synopsis blurb.. 😀
Saga: Issues 1 & 2 by Brian K. Vaughan | Recommended by a comic-loving friend of mine. Picked up the first two issues and I’m hooked. I love BKV’s Y the Last Man series and his work on LOST, so I’m very excited to check out this one.
The Impossible Lives of Greta Wells by Andrew Sean Greer | Won from Harper Collins’ 25k twitter giveaway!
It’s Not Love, It’s Just Paris by Patricia Engel | Also included in HCC package! Thank you! 🙂
Exiled (The Protector, #1) by M.R. Merrick | Kindle freebie from last week that I forgot to include! I have heard such great things about this series…
Signed bookplate from Lauren Oliver with my pre-order receipt of Requiem! Thank you!
An amazing Belle Epoque prize pack from author Elizabeth Ross for me to give away for Paris Month! A sweet personal note, an ARC, postcards, “April in Paris” flower seeds and some Eiffel Tower bookmarks! Be sure to check back throughout the week for your chance to win this pack, as well as check out my 5-star review of this book and interview with the author!
Thanks for stopping by! 😎