This week seemed to go by both very quickly and very slowly in some ways… but, it’s Mother’s Day weekend so Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms out there! 🙂
I also ended my “post a day” challenge for 2013. The initial intent back in 2011 was to get back into the habit of blogging by posting something every day. It became quite a routine and recently started feeling like a chore – which was something I didn’t want blogging to become. So while I’ll still be posting frequently, I won’t stress too much about having to post something every single day if I didn’t want to.
This Past Week on Just a Lil’ Lost…
- Swooned over “Just Give Me a Reason” by P!nk feat. Nate Ruess (<3 that song!)
- Recapped Ania Szado’s book launch party for Studio Saint-Ex and Razorbill’s Fall 2013 Preview!
- Also the discussion post is up for our Brunch Book Club for April’s read of Fateful by Claudia Gray. Certainly some interesting topics of discussion on this werewolves-meets-Titanic book! If you read this with Lost in a Great Book & I, link up your reviews in the linky on the wrap-up!
A Fatal Likeness by Lynn Shepherd | For read & review from publisher via Netgalley. Loved this cover, and it has to do with Mary Shelley? Super interested.
Mission to Paris (Night Soldiers, #12) by Alan Furst | For read & review from publisher via Netgalley. Ah, too bad this just missed Paris Month. However, only just noticed it’s the 12th book in a series! Hopefully don’t need to read all the others first to enjoy this one!
If I Should Die (Revenants, #3) by Amy Plum | The last in the trilogy! Now my collection is complete 🙂
My two graphic novel purchases at TCAF (Toronto Comic Arts Festival):
- DAR: A Super Girly Top Secret Comic Diary by Erika Moen | Basically an autobiographical story of a lesbian who falls in love with a guy. The sample comics on her flyer looked hilarious so I picked up her first book!
- Paris by Maarten Vande Wiele | I wanted to walk all around before deciding what to buy but of COURSE I couldn’t pass this one up! (plus this cover is so pretty and shiny!!)
Angelopolis (Angelology, #2) by Danielle Trussoni | Gifted at Random House event (recap to come this week!)
Paris by Edward Rutherfurd | Also gifted at Random House event. Had such a delightful time chatting with this charming man. As mentioned above, recap to follow… Thx to Random House for the extra copy for NEXT year’s Paris Month giveaway! 😉
My beautiful birthday present from my Brunch Book Club buddy Jenn @ Lost in a Great Book. Paris card, Paris 4-D (!!) puzzle and some cute nesting bunnies for my new desk! Thank you Jenn!!
Thanks for stopping by! 😎