This week’s Top 10 Tuesday topic is an interesting one.. I’m sure there are many that I’ve been intimidated with whether it’s because of the size, content, hype, etc. but I think it might be harder than I think to come up with 10…
Top Ten Most Intimidating Books
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater | Okay, this first one is a bit of a cheat… I HAD been intimidated to start it, but I did finish it the other day finally. Review coming later this week!
- Paris: The Novel by Edward Rutherfurd | Oh, I’m SO anxious to start this but it’s such a massive tome that I need to have it as my “at home” read since I’m not going to haul that with me on the subway! (and really, I’m interested in his other “city” novels too but equally as intimidating!) Maybe I’ll give myself ample time and start it now so I can feature it in next year’s Paris Month!
- The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare | Granted, I’ve read the first one, City of Bones, ages ago but there is so much love with this series that it’s overwhelming to start from the beginning… (but I DID win the full set at the SimonTeen BEA party, so I really have no excuse now!)
- Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan | Also falls under the same category as Raven Boys… so much love for it that I’m nervous to read it.
- Requiem by Lauren Oliver | I loved the first two in the Deliirum series. I even pre-ordered this final book and have not 1) brought myself to finishing it yet and 2) haven’t had the time to read it in between all my need-to-review books!
- Allegiant by Veronica Roth | I feel that the conclusion of the Divergent series might be the same thing… just don’t want it to end, but really wanting to read it.
- The Classics | Horrible to say but there are many/most “classics” that I haven’t read. It wasn’t until a few months ago that I started reading The Great Gatsby, and only finding out that it wasn’t some intimidatingly daunting humongous read!
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho | I tried to read this highly acclaimed book but couldn’t get past a few pages into it.. I seem to definitely be in the minority on this and am nervous about actually finishing it and still not liking it.
- Under the Dome by Stephen King | I’ve been eyeing this large book sitting on my shelf for ages and now with my new love for this TV series, I’m tempted to try and start this heavy tome!
- The Dark Tower series by Stephen King | Another one by King.. and another one that I had tried reading the first one of, but couldn’t get into it. However, I am a big fan of King’s with the books that I HAVE read of his, but The Dark Tower series just seems so daunting with 7 books in the set to start now..
And of course, what made your Top 10 list this week?
Share your link and I’ll check it out too!