Another long stretch since my last Stacking the Shelves post… over 1.5 months to be exact. I hadn’t felt like it in a while but thought I’d do one this week to pop in and say hello to everyone 🙂 *waves hello* Missed you all and apologies for the minimal and sporadic posting lately! I didn’t even realize till I was compiling this post that a LOT of the books are Random House ones… and that’s kinda awesome.
These Past Seven Weeks on Just a Lil’ Lost…
- Launched my annual Halloween contest for a scary book of your choice giveaway! All you have to do is share your childhood scary book over on this post.
- Reviews of:
- The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly (with August Brunch Book Club discussion here)
- Sutton by J.R. Moehringer (with September Brunch Book Club discussion here)
- Young Adult : Asylum by Madeleine Roux, Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
- Adult Fiction: Tampa by Alissa Nutting (explicit content!), Vicious by V.E. Schwab, The Circle by Dave Eggers
- I finished up my sarcastic, nicknamey recap/reactions post to Under the Dome‘s first season
- Promoted the new speculative fiction literary magazine Inaccurate Realities
- Over on Paper Droids: my recap of an hour with Arrow‘s Stephen Amell Q&A, Sleepy Hollow premiere recap, a lead-up to the Catching Fire movie and my Top 5 Fave Ghost Movies
Kicking the Sky by Anthony De Sa | For read & review from the publisher. Finished yesterday, review to come in the following week!
Cataract City by Craig Davidson | For read & review from the publisher.
Bake It, Don’t Fake It! by Heather Bertinetti | For read & review (and trial) from the publisher
Roomies by Sara Zarr & Tara Altebrando | For read & review from publisher via Netgalley
Pawn by Aimee Carter | For read & review from publisher via Netgalley
Bellman & Black by Diane Setterfield | For read & review from publisher via Netgalley
The Heavens Rise by Christopher Rice | For read & review from publisher via Netgalley
The Midwife of Venice by Roberta Rich | For read & review from publisher for an online book club discussion (review is coming!)
5 Very Good Reasons to Punch a Dolphin in the Mouth (And Other Useful Guides), How to Tell If Your Cat Is Plotting To Kill You, and Why Grizzly Bears Should Wear Underpants by The Oatmeal | Purchased for his book signing, recap to come this week!
Bake Me I’m Yours… Sweet Bitesize Bakes by Sarah Trivuncic | Added it to my order from the bargain section.. even if it’s just for the gorgeous pics of macarons 🙂
Omens by Kelley Armstrong | So intrigued after the discussion on this at the blogger retreat
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell | I’ve already read it (and ADORED it) when Jenn (Lost in a Great Book) let me borrow it so I had to have my own copy, and Wendy (@_CupcakeQueen_) so graciously brought it to the Rainbow Rowell signing for me!
Paddle Your Own Canoe: One Man’s Fundamentals for Delicious Living by Nick Offerman | Purchased for the book signing I attended in NYC
S.E.C.R.E.T. Shared by L. Marie Adeline | Gifted from the launch luncheon (recap & giveaway to follow in the coming weeks)
*phew* That’s it from me (I think) ! What did you get this week?