Even though this week’s Top 10 Tuesday is about books that I was “forced” to read, it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a bad thing! Quite frankly, a lot of the books I ended up being forced to read were ones I ended up really enjoying! I guess it’s a bit different for those of us who review books or are part of book clubs, because – in a way – we’re kind of forced to read a lot of review books, those of which we end up loving or not!
Top Ten Books I Was “Forced” to Read
- A Prayer For Owen Meany by John Irving | Required reading in… grade 11 or 12, and absolutely loved it.
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding | Also required school reading that I really enjoyed
- The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton | Required reading in grade 7 and one of the few that I still remember enjoying after all these years.
- Delirium by Lauren Oliver | I think this had just come out shortly after I started blogging and so many people were raving about it that I felt “forced” to read it – and I’m so glad I did!
- Divergent by Veronica Roth | Same as above..
- The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly | One of my BFFs raved about this, and after purchasing it a while ago, I finally had to make it one of our Brunch Book Club reads for me to finally get to it.
- Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor | Already read for Brunch Book Club because of all the hype… unfortunately I didn’t love it as much as everyone else seemed to.
- The Woman in Black by Susan Hill | A book I made myself read before seeing the movie … which I still haven’t actually seen to this day.
- Mr. Fox by Helen Oyeyemi | This may be the only review book that I felt the toughest to get through. I even forced myself to finish it during one of the 24 hour readathons to push myself through it and unfortunately I just couldn’t get into it.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J.K. Rowling | Surprisingly – yes. I hadn’t read the books before (begrudgingly) seeing the first movie with a friend and ended up falling in love with the story. So, in a way, after seeing the movie I felt obligated to have to read the series (which was up to book 4 at that point).
And of course, what made your Top 10 list this week?
Share your link and I’ll check it out too!