I cannot believe another Paris Month has come and gone. As mentioned at the start of the month, this year would be a bit more low-key due to a lack of time leading up to April with work, travel and wedding planning. While I did get to share a number of reviews and features on quite a few Paris books, there were still a number of them that I didn’t get to during these 30 days. That being said, I plan to still review them in the coming weeks and will do a pseudo-extension of Paris Month just so I can give these books their deserving moment.
Always, a HUGE thank you goes to Raincoast Books, Harper Collins Canada, Simon & Schuster, Hachette Book Group, Penguin Canada and Random House Canada for their generosity and support this, and every, year for Paris Month. A special extra thanks to Savvy Reader for having me over on their blog to share my favourite Paris reads!
This year, I had the pleasure of reading more non-fiction than I had in previous years, and discovered some new favourites. A quick listing of the books I reviewed for 2014’s Paris Month:
- The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris by Jenny Colgan (Contemporary)
- I Always Loved You by Robin Oliveira (Historical)
- Marie Antoinette, Serial Killer by Katie Alender (Contemporary YA)
- The Shadow Queen by Sandra Gulland (Historical)
- Hotelles: A Novel by Emma Mars (Romance)
- Bandette, Volume 1: Presto! by Tobin & Coover (Graphic Novel)
- Lessons From Madame Chic by Jennifer L. Scott (how-to)
- Metronome by Lorant Deutsch (history)
- Paris Letters by Janice MacLeod (memoir)
- Lunch in Paris by Elizabeth Bard (memoir & recipes)
- Blood Royal by Eric Jager (true crime)
Waiting on Wednesdays
- The Lovely and the Lost by Page Morgan
Brunch Book Club
- April wrap-up for Paris by Edward Rutherfurd
- One book that was either featured, or that I had planned to feature (up to a max of $20 U.S.) – books not yet released will be preordered. Full list located here.
- Two winners will be chosen
- Open to residents of anywhere that Book Depository ships to (click here for list)
- Winners will have 48 hours to respond to email confirming their address. If a response is not received, another winner will be chosen
- Tweets from accounts that are solely for contests will no longer be accepted.
- Contest closes May 15th, 2014 at 11:59pm EST