Well, this past month I have fallen behind on my Harry Potter re-read. With an upcoming wedding approaching, I haven’t had as much time to dive into as many books – especially this long 766-page, heavy, wrist-breaking of a paperweight hardcover as is The Order of the Phoenix. Definitely makes it tough to carry around to read on my commute every day. That being said, I didn’t want to prolong my link-up post for everyone too far into the next month, so I will start my thoughts section and add to it as I get through the book. I’m very excited for June’s read though… Half Blood Prince is my favourite of the series. 🙂
My (on-going) thoughts on Order of the Phoenix:
- (right at the beginning) Oh right. This is the one with angsty, self-pitying Harry.
- Woah, Vernon says “enough effing owls”.. Don’t know why that shocks me so much.. but the implication of the F word seems startling to me.
- Weird timing, had just heard on the news about a couple who locked their nephew up in a room for many years. Reminds me of the Dursleys locking Harry in his room and slipping food through the door.
- I forgot there were so many people that came to guard Harry on their flight!
- Oh yeah. More angst and anger. I wonder if JKR discovered ALL CAPS during the writing of this book. Everyone’s angry and shouting! Harry, Molly Weasley, Sirius.. so much bitterness and anger
- Hm.. I wonder how well that went over at the Black household when Sirius’ family was so Slytherin and he gets sorted elsewhere.
- “Snuffles” is such a cutesy name for someone as rough and hardened as Sirius. I can’t take it seriously (Siriusly 😛 ) every time they call him that.
- Oh GOD I hate Umbridge. HATE HATE HATE her. Probably THE single most hated character from a book I’ve ever read. EVER.
- Hah. forgot about Ron being made Prefect! LOL..
And now for some fun!
I was recently reminded of the fun Potter Puppet Pals! Such fun and funny videos that are hours of entertainment! I haven’t watched all of them so DO beware of spoilers (for those that are reading the series for the first time). But the classic Potter Puppet Pals that started the fun would be “Bothering Snape“. *botherbotherbotherbother*. Love it. This lil’ flash video spawned countless GIFs and internet memes.