Ah.. back to school themed Top 10 Tuesday this week. I can’t believe it’s already September… I’m sure a lot of people are asking the same thing but WHERE did this summer go!? In Toronto at least, there has been very few actually warm days, let alone hot ones so it certainly doesn’t feel like the summer months have come and gone already.
This week’s topic is a good one… back in school, I mainly sat with those like me.. the artsy/drama/music/computer crowd… so this may be a bit tougher than I think to come up with 10 book characters…
Top Ten Book Characters That Would Be Sitting At My Lunch Table
- Hermione Granger – Harry Potter series | This was the first (and only) character that came to mind. I’m sure she’ll be on a lot of other people’s lists too!
- Dan Humphrey – Gossip Girl series | Well, this choice is based on the first seven or so books of the series that I read. I have no idea how he turns out but his brooding artsiness seems like the type I would’ve hung out with.
- Andrea Sachs – The Devil Wears Prada | Oh, how I related to her.. especially in the movie adaptation of this book.
- Park – Eleanor & Park | I feel like we probably would’ve hung out in the same circle…
- Cath – Fangirl | Totally would’ve been friends (and fangirling over Simon Snow)
- Robin Ellacott – Cormoran Strike series | There’s not a whole lot really known about her per se, but when I’ve read the two Cormoran Strike books, I’ve felt a kinship with her.
- Veronica Mars – The Thousand Dollar Tan Line | her and….
- Cindy “Mac” Mackenzie – The Thousand Dollar Tan Line | Granted these two characters first existed on TV, they ARE also now in book form so it counts 🙂
- Georgie McCool – Landline | She’s a smart, ambitious writer who worked her way up from the school newspaper. Love it.
- Katie Heaney – Never Have I Ever | True, this is a non-fiction book but her antics felt so relatable and familiar that it’s like we already were sitting together at the same lunch table!
Wow – so apparently a lot of Rainbow Rowell characters would have been my lunch table friends! 😛
And of course, what made your Top 10 list this week?
I’m out of town for the week but share your link and I’ll check it out too once I’m back!