Gearing up for the end of the year, I love doing the various Top 10 lists that The Broke & The Bookish host. This year felt a bit of a slower reading year for me (comparatively to previous years), but I did discover some fantastic new authors with what I did read.
Top Ten New-To-Me Favorite Authors I Read For The First Time In 2015
- Jandy Nelseon | I’ll Give You the Sun definitely tops my list this year. Prepare to see a lot of this book in the coming weeks of 2015 countdowns.
- L.M. Montgomery | Yep – 2015 was the year I finally started reading Anne of Green Gables for the first time.
- Andy Weir | The Martian? Yep. Loved the book. Loved the movie.
- Becky Albertalli | Simon vs the Homosapiens Agenda was such a fantastic read. Simple, yet complex.
- Sarah Dessen | I’ve had a number of her books on my shelf for ages but I finally picked up Saint Anything and couldn’t put it down.
- Jenny Han | Another author I’ve heard a lot of great things about but didn’t read To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before until now.
- Susan Barker | The Incarnations was such a fascinating read. I couldn’t stop thinking about it.
- Aziz Ansari | With Modern Romance, Aziz showed how insightful and poignant he is, on top of being hilarious.
- Kunal Nayyar | I really enjoyed Yes, My Accent Is Real – giving a voice to the guy who’s TV character is often mute.
- Celeste Ng | Everything I Never Told You was one of the first books I read this year and it has stuck with me for all these months. Such a moving read.
And of course, what made your Top 10 list this week?
Share your link and I’ll check it out too!