A crisp Fall day makes a wonderful Saturday reading some good books! Most of my books for this readathon are ones I’ve partially/barely started so I want to get through and finish some of them! (Plus a couple of graphic novels I’ve been meaning to get to finally)
It's that time of year again.. @deweysreadathon day! Taking place twice a year, it's one of my fave ways to spend a relaxing Saturday (especially since I'd probably be reading anyway!) the bi-annual #readathon is full of fantastic people who organize it, cheer others on and host hourly mini games to give yourself a break from reading. After participating for many years, I've learned to be more strategic in my selections so hence why there's a few books I'm partially into, a couple graphic novels to break up the day in the middle, and of course, lots of coffee! Who else is participating today? 👋
- What fine part of the world are you reading from today? The beautiful and sunny Toronto, Canada!
- Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I’m definitely looking forward to finishing The Couple Next Door! Either Dark Matter or Heartless next, depending what my mood is.
- Which snack are you most looking forward to? Probably some Bits ‘n Bites that my husband picked up yesterday – good timing!
- Tell us a little something about yourself! Trying to narrow down today’s reading list was extremely difficult.. I start way too many books and then don’t get back to it for a while.
- If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I’ve participated in quite a few and each time I’ve tried to not get hung up and distracted with completing the mini challenges (as fun as they are).. because that, plus posting and updating about it, eats up a good chunk of the reading time! I’ve also picked more realistic reading lists to try and tackle. <– that was my answer last time, and it still holds true!
Come up with a six word story and post it on Instagram or Twitter with #sixwordstoryRAT.
— Michele (@JustALilLost) October 22, 2016
Take a picture of your current read and a snack, post it up somewhere and link it below. Use #RATbooksnack so I can check them out on social media!
— Michele (@JustALilLost) October 22, 2016
Hurray! First book of the readathon is complete.
The Couple Next Door was so full of twists and turns!
If money and time were no object (you’ve won the biggest lottery jackpot ever, and your boss is totally fine with you taking all of the time off work you need), where would you go to experience your favorite book(s) or series? Fictional places count too, of course.
How fun! And a relatively simple one for me to answer for anyone who knows me. 🙂 A fictional place would 100% be Hogwarts, and a real location would certainly be Paris, so I could do my Paris Month live on location!
- Which hour was most daunting for you? Definitely the later hours. After getting home from hanging out with out of town friends, and it was getting late…
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? I find “grip-lit” suspense/thrillers are probably the best for me, because it keeps me on the edge of my seat and wanting to find out what happens
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next season? Maybe mini challenges that are a bit more simple and less time-consuming to complete? There are times I spend a LOT of time trying to complete them and then don’t have much left of the hour to read.
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? The engagement online with the @readathon account.. loved the RTs, regrams, conversations!
- How many books did you read? Completed one, Got 1/4 of the way through another.
- What were the names of the books you read? Finished The Couple Next Door, started Dark Matter.
- Which book did you enjoy most? I liked The Couple Next Door. Dark Matter is fascinating so far!
- Which did you enjoy least? n/a
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? Schedule-permitting, absolutely! Definitely would participate as a reader… would possibly love to host a mini challenge!