Apologies to those that I didn’t get to their TTT last week! I was quite sick with a cold so wasn’t online too much. I’ll do double-duty this week and get to both last week’s and this week’s! 🙂 Speaking of this week, I love this week’s topic! I’ve always enjoyed graphic novels so this was pretty hard to narrow down to my ten favourite…
Top Ten Favourite Graphic Novels/Comics
- Hawkeye by Matt Fraction | I was first introduced to Hawkeye from Ardo, when she said she’d buy the trade off of me if I didn’t like it. Needless to say, I still own the oversized Volume 1.
- Y the Last Man by Brian K. Vaughan | I read this series over a decade ago but it still remains up there in my favourites. It’s about a man and his pet monkey, being the only males left in the entire world.
- Scott Pilgrim by Bryan Lee O’Malley | Such a modern classic.. this graphic novel (and movie!) has been touted as a love letter to Toronto
- V For Vendetta by Alan Moore | Loved the movie. Loved the graphic novel. One of my favourite quotes is from this.. and how appropriate for this time right now.
- Ms. Marvel by G. Willow Wilson | Such a great new series that I’ve gotten into in the last few years.
- The Adventures of Superhero Girl by Faith Lee Hicks | This was such a delightful graphic novel I read a few years back!
- Hark! A Vagrant by Kate Beaton | Educational and hilarious! 🙂
- The Oatmeal comics by Matthew Inman | Such a fan of his webcomics, his bound graphic novels are just as funny!
- Archie by Mark Waid | Like many of those from my generation, you also grew up on Archie comics. I love the old classics (double digest!) and I’m loving this reboot!
- Exquisite Corpse by Penelope Bagieu | I read this for Paris Month and it was such a fun read. Loved the illustration style as well!
- 2015 Notable mentions: Batgirl, Fables, Sex Criminals
And of course, what made your Top 10 list this week?
Share your link and I’ll check it out too!