After a Spring season full of exciting new releases, I can’t wait to share with you some of the books I’m looking forward to most for the Summer! (And what a rainbow of book covers for June!) July/August is a fairly small list for now, but I’m sure I’ll have a few more that catch my eye as the months approach.
- I included this in my Spring list but I had to included it again for this one… These House editions of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone are just AMAZING. Obvs I had to pick up the Slytherin one. 😉
- House Editions: Gryffindor | Hufflepuff | Ravenclaw | Slytherin
06/06 – Words in Deep Blue by Cath Crowley (Knopf/Penguin Random House) – Young Adult (YA)
- Girl is about to move away and leaves love letter inside boy’s favourite book. Boy never shows up. Girl returns and has to face the boy.
- This sounds like such a sweet love story set in a bookshop
06/06 – Internet Famous by Danika Stone (Swoon Reads) – YA
- Madi is well known online and strikes up a flirtation with an exchange student in the comments section of her blog until an Internet troll threatens to ruin her offline and online life.
06/13 – The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid (Simon & Schuster) – Adult Fiction
- I just finished this a couple days ago and can’t wait for everyone else to pick this up on the 13th.
- A story full of Hollywood glamour and scandal, as the title character, now in her 70s, finally tells her life story to a young journalist.
06/13 – Saints and Misfits by S.K. Ali (Salaam Reads/Simon & Schuster) – YA
- I LOVE this cover so much.
- Debut author that I have had the pleasure to meet at several events. Says this is A Muslim girl story, not THE Muslim girl story.
- “A modern-day My So-Called Life“
06/27 – The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee (Harper Collins) YA
- A historical fiction standalone
- “The big gay European road trip novel”
07/11 – I See London, I See France by Sarah Mlynowski (Harper Collins) YA
- I loved London, I loved France… and I love this cover! This sounds like a fun, light summer read.
07/25 – The Lost Ones by Sheena Kamal (William Morrow/Harper Collins) Adult/Thriller
- A psychological thriller from a debut author, the first in a new series
- When Nora hears that the child she gave up for adoption 15 years ago has gone missing and labelled a chronic runaway, nobody is looking for the child and the adoptive parents turn to Nora.
- Exploring role of motherhood when it’s a role long gone and never wanted to begin with
08/15 – Karma Khullar’s Mustache by Kristi Wientge (Simon & Schuster) Middle Grade
- Biracial Indian-American sixth grader who must deal with changes in her friends, family and body.
- It looks like it’s going to be a funny and cute coming of age story for middle grade readers
08/15 – A Map for Wrecked Girls by Jessica Taylor (Penguin Random House) YA
- A story about the bond of sisterhood, and a mysterious boy who tests that bond
- Sisters are washed up on shore and stranded when they encounter the mysterious boy full of secrets
What books are on your Summer reading list?